Mr. MacCarron and I will be working closely this year to ensure we meet the needs of all 40 of our students to the best of our ability.
We both feel that the English and the French halves of Grade Two FI are very important and we support one another's efforts to maintain a high level of expectation from our students.
You may still have questions about the French Immersion stream at Tiger Jeet Singh PS.
Here is some information on that:
Which topics are reported on in English and in French?
- media literacy
Is the French Immersion program appropriate for my child?
Does my child...
- handle new situations/change and transitions using positive strategies?
- demonstrate a curiosity and willingness to explore and experiment with language?
- take appropriate risks in unfamiliar situations?
- demonstrate independence and a love of learning?
- explain a story or events in proper sequence?
- like to play with language (rhyming, memory games, and vocabulary games)?
- want to learn another language?
- enjoy reading and writing (in any language)?
- have strong organizational skills?
- display confidence in taking learning risks (e.g., speaking French)?
What is French Immersion?
Art, Dance, Drama, Music